If you’ve ever shipped packages to your home, you’ve probably also experienced the frustration of missing a delivery. You’ve seen the blue, orange, and white FedEx tag affixed to your front door and released a tired sigh as you read your options for redelivery or pickup. It’s frustrating, especially when your schedule is hectic, and you have no control over FedEx’s delivery timetable.
Have no fear, for FedEx has heard your woes and has responded. In January 2020, FedEx announced the start of Saturday and Sunday deliveries through FedEx Ground and FedEx Ground Home Delivery. Below, we have everything you need to know about FedEx weekend deliveries and how to ensure that you never miss another package.
FedEx Delivery Times
When shipping parcels with FedEx, you can pick from several shipping options based on your delivery location, budget, and timeline. A summary of the most popular shipping options is included in the table below.
|FedEx First Overnight||FedEx Priority Overnight||FedEx Standard Overnight||FedEx 2Day||FedEx Express Saver||FedEx Ground||FedEx Home Delivery|
|Delivery Time||Next-business-day delivery by 9:00am to most areas||Next-business-day delivery by 10:30am to most areas||Next-business-day delivery by 3:00pm to most areas, 8:00pm to residential areas||2 business day delivery by 4:30pm to most areas||3 business day delivery by 4:30pm to most areas||1-5 business days within the contiguous U.S., 3-7 business days to Alaska and Hawaii||1-5 business days within the contiguous U.S., 3-7 business days to Alaska and Hawaii|
|Service Days||Monday-Friday, with Saturday pickup and delivery for an additional charge.||Monday-Friday, with Saturday pickup and delivery for an additional charge.||Monday-Friday, with Saturday pickup for an additional charge.||Monday-Friday, with Saturday pickup and delivery for an additional charge.||Monday-Friday, with Saturday pickup for an additional charge.||Monday- Saturday 9:00am-8:00pm. Sunday delivery in 7,700 towns and cities nationwide||Monday- Saturday 9:00am-8:00pm. Sunday delivery in 7,700 towns and cities nationwide|
|Delivery Area||All 50 United States||All 50 United States||All 50 United States (Hawaii service is outbound only)||All 50 United States||All 48 contiguous states||All 50 United States||All 50 United States|
|Package Size and Weight||Up to 150 lbs., 119” in length, 165” in length + girth (L+2W+2H)||Up to 150 lbs., 119” in length, 165” in length + girth (L+2W+2H)||Up to 150 lbs., 119” in length, 165” in length + girth (L+2W+2H)||Up to 150 lbs., 119” in length, 165” in length + girth (L+2W+2H)||Up to 150 lbs., 119” in length, 165” in length + girth (L+2W+2H)||Up to 150 lbs., 108” in length, 165” in length + girth (L+2W+2H)||Up to 150 lbs., 108” in length, 165” in length + girth (L+2W+2H)|
FedEx Saturday Delivery
Through FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery, Saturday deliveries are now available from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm.
In January 2020, FedEx announced the addition of Saturday deliveries with FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery in a bid to keep up with the fast-paced demands of e-commerce shipments. Though many other FedEx shipping services previously offered Saturday deliveries for a fee, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery now offer Saturday shipping for no additional cost.
FedEx Sunday Delivery
As of January 2020, FedEx also announced the addition of Sunday deliveries with FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery. At the current time, this service is only offered in 7,700 towns and cities nationwide.
To find out if your town is eligible for Sunday deliveries, see the FedEx Sunday Residential Delivery MSA Coverage List.
How to Ensure a Saturday Delivery with FedEx
FedEx offers many services to help you control the date and time that your package is delivered. To ensure that your package is where you want it, when you want it, consider these helpful tools:
- FedEx Delivery Manager: The FedEx Delivery Manager is an online resource that allows you to customize your FedEx deliveries. This free service allows you to receive alerts about your package, request to hold packages, manage your deliveries and pickups, and much more. This service is especially useful because it can help you ensure that your packages are delivered when you’re home. To see everything the service has to offer, check out the FedEx Delivery Manager Enrollment Page.
- FedEx Hold at Location: On weeks when your schedule is constantly changing, even the most well-planned package delivery can be missed. To avoid missing a package drop-off, consider having your package held for delivery instead. By sending your package to a FedEx location instead of your residence, you give yourself the ability to pick up your package whenever it is convenient for you. Additionally, with most FedEx locations open 6-7 days a week, you can ensure that your package is available for pickup when you are. To find a FedEx location near you or check your FedEx location’s hours, visit Find FedEx Locations and enter your address.
- Request a Saturday Delivery: When you ship your package, make sure to look for a Saturday Delivery option on the shipping label. Many companies that ship via FedEx are now offering a Saturday option to ensure that your package arrives when you’re home and available to receive it.
How to Track your FedEx Package
When all else fails, tracking your package can help you to ensure that you are home when your package arrives. We recommend several package tracking options, including:
- FedEx Package Tracking: The easiest way to track your package is to enter your tracking number into the FedEx Package Tracker.
- FedEx Delivery Manager: By tracking through the FedEx Delivery Manager, you can track your package and change your delivery preferences at the same time. Visit the FedEx Delivery Manager Enrollment Page for more information.
- Third-Party Tracking Sites: There are numerous third party sites that can also assist with tracking your package. Sites such as Boxoh and Packagetrackr offer up to date shipment status information for many shipping carriers, including FedEx.
For more information about shipping, see our other Postage Information Pages or Contact Us.